Due to the improving COVID numbers, more businesses can now open indoors in Contra Costa. What are you most looking forward to doing?
Moving into the red tier means the following sectors can reopen with modifications:
- Places of worship, restaurants, movie theaters and museums can be operated indoors at 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is less
- Gyms can reopen indoors at 10% capacity
- All personal care services, including massage, can move indoors
- Indoor shopping malls can operate at 50% maximum occupancy (instead of 25%). Food courts can also open following the state’s guidelines for restaurants.
- Indoor retail stores can now operate at 50% capacity (instead of 25%)
- Outdoor playgrounds
Elementary and secondary schools can reopen for in-person instruction on Oct. 13 if the county remains the red tier for two more weeks. Currently, elementary schools can apply for a waiver from the health officer to reopen.