Main Street Plaza, Walnut Creek
A new toy store and gift shop featuring custom designs made out of cardboard and wood called MakenPlay opened recently in a tiny gazebo-like structure across from Papyrus in downtown Walnut Creek on Botelho Dr. What’s interesting is not only that it’s made in Walnut Creek but it’s actually made right inside this tiny store with a laser cutter. You can’t get any more local than this and considering the custom designs and reasonable prices, you should definitely check this place out just in time for the holidays!
From their website:
WHY MAKENPLAY ?
– %100 safe material, Environmental-friendly
– Paintable 3D Unique design
– Encourage creativity and imagination
– Made from 100% recycled cardboard.
– Foldable Design Giant Size Toys
– Made in USA